Send me a weekly email with the latest jobs.
Software Engineer, YouTube Machine Learning
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to handle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
Join the YouTube engineering team that designs and develops next-generation machine learning algorithms, systems, and solutions to detect abuse in a rapidly changing internet environment.
YouTube has grown into a community used by over 1 billion people across the globe to access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube team helps budding creators build careers, creates products like YouTube Kids, YouTube Music, and YouTube Gaming, and engages communities around shared passions and global conversations. Together, we empower the world to create, broadcast, and share.
• Design and develop innovative machine learning algorithms, systems, and solutions to detect content and engagement abuse in a rapidly changing adversarial environment.
• Develop disciplinary frameworks and services to encourage appropriate user behavior.
• Extract information and insight from both structured and unstructured information at the scale of the web.
• Manage projects and deliverables, and design, deploy, and enhance machine learning-driven software solutions.
• BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
• Coding experience in C, C++, Java or Python.
• Theoretical and practical experience with modern machine learning algorithms and tools, including deep learning and NLP.
• PhD in Computer Science.
• Experience in a wide variety of projects utilizing natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning and search technologies.