Send me a weekly email with the latest jobs.
Data & Applied Scientist
“I fundamentally believe that if you are not learning new things, you stop doing great and useful things” – Satya Nadella, Microsoft CEO
The Microsoft Learning Strategy and Insights team within the Worldwide Learning group is composed of insatiably curious, self-directed, motivated, results driven people. We are passionate about supporting Microsoft employees, customers and channel partners with the training and development required for them to fulfill their professional and personal potential. We are seeking Data Scientists with similar mindsets who are driven by curiosity, take risks, and have a passion for problem solving.
The Learning and Insights team’s charter includes:
• Shaping and influencing the learning strategy for Microsoft.
• Bringing together deep contextual understanding with data to understand and improve impact.
• Using analytical methods to derive insights about learning impact.
• Managing and influencing a cycle of communications and stakeholder engagements.
• Communicating key metrics to support business objectives.
• Understand the business problem and assess potential methodologies to provide insights.
• Design, prototype, implement and test descriptive and predictive analytics models.
• Collaborate and effectively communicate with stakeholders to gain alignment on requirements, deliverables and process.
• Work with data engineers to architect and develop operational models.
• Contribute your modeling expertise as a team player with technical and non-technical audiences.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Statistics/Math/Computer Science/Data Science or 4 years work experience (Masters or Certificate in Data Science or Analytics preferred)
• 2+ years of work experience in SQL, R, Python or equivalent technology to implement statistical models, machine learning, and analysis (Prediction, Classification, Clustering, time series forecasting, regression models, etc.)
• Professional experience presenting data derived insights to business stakeholders
• 2+ ears of experience with Excel, SAS, MATLAB, or AMPL
• 2+ years of experience with report design and delivery using Excel/Power BI/Tableau
• 2+ years of experience in at least one language/scripting languages, such as C#, Java, Python, PowerShell, or Perl
• Data visualization experience preferred